Since 1968, District 69 Society of Organized Services (SOS) has responded to the needs of individuals and families in our district. Our Vision is to make the Parksville Qualicum Beach region a supported and inclusive community. With the support of 350 volunteers, staff of 70, and community collaborations, SOS provides 30 programs and services to all ages from meeting basic needs to programs that promote healthy living and social connections. For 51 years, the SOS Thrift Shop has been the key funder of these programs. In 2019, the Board of Directors formalized a Strategic Plan and recognized the need to expand fund development to support new Strategic Plan directives and growing community needs.
The Resource Development Manager plays a leadership role in building long-term relationships with key stakeholders and supporters. This newly created position reports to the Executive Director, and as a member of the senior leadership team, the Resource Development Manager will work with SOS volunteers, staff and Board in its development and fundraising efforts. The Resource Development Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, delivering, and evaluating a comprehensive range of fundraising strategies and associated marketing campaigns to achieve the funding goals.
- In accordance with the Fund Development Plan, develop and implement fundraising strategies for corporate, foundation, individual, and public sources, to reach identified growth objectives.
- Identify and solicit prospective donors and grant opportunities.
- Develop a donor recognition and stewardship program.
- Collaborate with staff to plan and deliver communication campaigns and marketing strategies.
- Manage donor database, tracking donor contributions, ensuring accurate inputs and generation of statistical and accountability reports.
- University degree in a related field and direct experience in the field of fundraising, marketing, and/or communications.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a range of fund development initiatives.
- Strong project management skills and track record of identifying, stewarding and delivering major gifts.
- Experience in the community-based social services sector is an asset, as is proven experience in managing and motivating volunteers.
- Exceptional communication skills with experience building sustainable, long-term relationships, partnerships, and philanthropic results.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Rate of Pay: Dependent on qualifications and experience (+ Benefits)
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: October 18, 2019
Submit resume and cover letter, including references and salary requirements, in confidence to:
Society of Organized Services (SOS)
PO Box 898, 245 West Hirst Avenue
Parksville BC V9P 2G9.
Note: RCMP Police Information Check required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.